Depending on the severity of the crime committed like murder, or matters concerning national security a bail for such crimes is denied automatically. A judge may also deny bail in some other cases. The factors which can lead to denial of a bail for a defendant are mentioned below:
- Nature of the crime and the frequency or repetition of crimes or arrests
- If the person is already out from jail on probation or parole
- If the defendant is likely to not show up for court dates or has missed court dates previously also.
- If the defendant is a non-US citizen and may leave the country
- If the defendant is a threat to society, public or even an individual